Avento MT, though relatively new to Malta, has been founded with the belief that something within the gaming industry was missing, that secret ingredient that makes part of most successful companies essence, this being their customer.
Our journey has only just begun and critical to us being able to achieve our goal of becoming the number 1 casino for exceptional player experience is our ability to stay true to our core values these being Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Performance and Diversity, this reigning true in not just our cooperate realm but also in relation to our approach to people.
As such we are now looking for a Compliance Officer who will ensure that we conform to industry practices and professional standards in all activities, using there sound knowledge and experience to help build, mould and create a critical department within our soon to be rapidly growing business.
– Maintaining a solid knowledge base of legislation, regulations and technical
– Handle all compliance and licensing related issues, ensuring we are compliant with
applicable regulations by providing the business with advice and support
– Ensuring internal procedures are documented and compliant
– Carrying out a programme of monitoring for compliance risks
– Supervision and management of change controls
– Liaising and maintaining close working relationships with third party companies
involved in the operations of the business's licences
– Compilation, maintenance and submission of reports, returns and notifications
– Supporting the Licensing where required, for example with licence applications
– Drafting, developing and ensuring implementation of policies and procedures;
– Overall responsibility of responsible gaming, data protection and AML
– Processing compliance-based data protection assessments whilst implementing
– Offer guidance and advice to the fraud and payments team on particular transactions
during regulator transaction monitoring;
– Drafting and reviewing legal documents and contracts (payment gateway providers);
– Assisting with the completion of regular compliance tasks across multiple
jurisdictions on an ongoing basis;
– Assisting with any other ad-hoc duties for the smooth running of the legal
– At least 3+ years experience gained within iGaming
– Graduate in law with the qualification being recognised in Malta
– Knowledge of Malta Gaming Legislation required
– SGA regulation experience a must
– UKGC experience will be considered an asset
– Solid knowledge of the EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive, the EU General Data – – – Protection Regulations and the FIAU Implementing Procedures, responsible gaming
– Highly proficient in identifying gaps and/or risk exposure in operations as well as
developing and implementing policies and procedures to meet organisational and
regulatory compliance standard;
– Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to build relationships with other departments
and create joint relevant policies, procedures, instructions.