Avento MT, though relatively new to Malta, has been founded with the belief that something within the gaming industry was missing, that secret ingredient that makes part of most successful companies essence, this being their customer.
Our journey has only just begun and critical to us being able to achieve our goal of becoming the number 1 casino for exceptional player experience is our ability to stay true to our core values these being Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Performance and Diversity, this reigning true in not just our cooperate realm but also in relation to our approach to people.
As such we are now looking for a Senior Legal Counsel who will ensure that we conform to industry and local practices as well as professional standards in all activities, using there sound knowledge and experience to help build, mould and create a critical department within our soon to be rapidly growing business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Together with the Head of Legal & Compliance lead the our brilliant team in the execution of their daily responsibilities whilst helping to build and evolve the foundations of this critical department.
– Partner closely with the organisation, being responsible for the structuring and drafting various commercial agreements and documents relating to commercial transactions involving Avento Group as well as be involved in their negotiation as needed.
– Responsible for advising and counselling the business as well as key stake holders on various legal issues and regulatory matters associated with our commercial operations, with an emphasis on structuring and implementation of complex business transactions.
– Identification of any legal issues whilst providing analysis of legal risks and create and implement solutions structured to achieve business objectives efficiently.
– Assist in the building of scalable foundations for the Legal team including developing templates, implementing processes and developing other proactive initiatives.
– Prepare and deliver legal training programs for the business to enhance compliance and avoid litigation.
– Retain and manage outside legal counsel to ensure cost-effective representation.
– Take complete ownership together of the M & A process, whilst coordinating with the relevant departments as and when needed together with the Head of Legal & Compliance.
– Take on a number of robust projects from a local and international level
– Any other tasks as and when needed related directly to legal
– Solid track record of being able to establish the core foundations of a Legal Department within a fast paced start up
– Experience negotiating, drafting and closing complex commercial transactions.
– At least 5+ years of relevant experience, with specific experience with MGA and SGA
– Qualified lawyer (law degree/ LLM from a reputable European University).
– Has a Warrant to Practise in Malta
– Strong written and verbal English
– Fluent in Maltese