Avento MT, though relatively new to Malta, has been founded with the belief that something within the gaming industry was missing, that secret ingredient that makes part of most successful companies essence, this being their customer.
Our journey has only just begun and critical to us being able to achieve our goal of becoming the number 1 casino for exceptional player experience is our ability to stay true to our core values these being Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Performance and Diversity, this reigning true in not just our cooperate realm but also in relation to our approach to people.
As such we are now looking for a Risk & Fraud Manager to join and form our new department here in Malta.
– Manage a team of Fraud Analysts in the determination of fraudulent activity or addictive behavior and act according to agreed procedures as per both internal and regulatory requirements
– Conduct robust analysis of transactional and customer records to link unidentified transactions and accounts to known fraudulent activity
– Investigate alerts (internal & external) with proper analysis and follow-up
– Careful monitoring of responsible gaming sheet and possible money laundering transactions ensuring to communicate suspicions by submitting appropriate Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) to MLRO
– Proactively find players receiving bonuses which they are not eligible for applying appropriate processes to resolve the issue
– Maintain awareness of active bonus campaigns, and their vulnerabilities assuring that vulnerabilities do not manifest into business losses through diligent oversight of the customer base
– Perform checks on customers and requesting the relevant KYC documents in compliance with any regulatory governing bodies and based on determined customer risk level
– Handle incoming and outgoing customer payments, in a timely and error-free manner
– Follow up any Fraud, Risk, or responsible gaming communication and./or issues proactively
– Retrieve deposits from online banking sites and post into customer betting accounts
– Perform bank checks and other reconciliation tasks as needed
– Knowledge of customer verification process for different regulations including the verifying player’s documents.
– Distribute the daily tasks, priorities, monitor the progress and ensure SLAs are met;
– Introduce and maintain quality control of verification and validation of Customer Due Diligence documents (Ex: Passports, IDs, Bank Statements, etc.);
– Responsible for review & quality control of Enhanced Due Diligence alerts and documents; PEP and Sanctions alerts and Suspicious Activity Reports;
– Raise issues and handling ad hoc contact with KYC/AML Solution providers;
– Provide KYC/AML guidelines to the customers and colleagues in regard to any ad hoc AML/KYC questions;
– Prepare monthly KYC/AML reporting;
– Investigate suspicious accounts (internal & external) with proper analysis and follow-up
– Performing checks on customers and requesting the relevant KYC documents in compliance with any regulatory governing bodies and based on determined customer risk level
– Specialize in the detection & prevention underage and gambling addicted activity
– Professional handling of all related customer queries escalated by the support department
– Process and record outgoing customer refunds, in a timely and error-free manner according to set procedures
– Other similar ad hoc work as set by the Manager from time to time
– At least 2+ year’s experience within the same role
– Ability to work closely with other departments across geographical boundaries.
– Liaise with Customer Services, compliance, and fraud on a daily basis
– Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
– Excellent organizational and communication skills
– Meticulous, takes initiative and possesses good analytical skills
– Ability to meet deadlines on a day-to-day basis
– Ability to work well with others and be a team-player
– Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
– Strong knowledge of how fraud, money laundering and gambling addiction can
occur, and the best practices handling these occurrences